Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hamilton Creek 9-1-09

After having a rather hectic morning at work, I decided to hit the trails. I wanted to get a good exercise ride in and intially intended to go to Long Hunter. After plugging that into my GPS, however, I quickly realized I would not make it back for my 2:30 conference call. I headed to Hamilton Creek, which is just 15 minutes from Brentwood.

Nice ride...trail conditions were perfect and there was no one on the trails but me. Riding by myself is not the best habit, and I am extra careful when doing this. I walked around most of the objects I just started riding over (when I have a partner there). "The buddy system only works for the lead buddy" is our saying, since the lead rider won't really know that the person bringing up the rear has gone down. However, it is nice to know they will eventually come back for you. I only ride on the "beginner" section of Hamilton Creek (beginner is definitely a misnomer)...the advanced section has its own helipad, which I hope does not see much use.

On some of the back stretches (where I am normally starting to wear down), I forced myself to charge up the hills and keep more speed on the downhills. Momentum like this made a huge difference. I ended up averaging 5.5 miles per hour on this loop and my legs felt great coming out of the trail. I would have gone for another lap, but my day job called....

Here is the track:

Hamilton Creek 9-1-09 at EveryTrail

Map created by EveryTrail: GPS Community

No comments:

Post a Comment